DATE: December 12th
TIME: 7 p.m. – 9 p.m.
Before we descend into a “big cold, white, dark, dull, empty, never-ending, kill-me-now” (to borrow from Pontypool) winter, let’s have a bash!
No readings this time, but geeky vendors selling geeky gifts for your geeky loved ones:
* Bundoran Press
* Mirror Comics
* Renaissance Press
* Stone Cold Creations
* JenEric Designs
* Little Witch Press
What’s “And more!” mean? How about:
* Geek joke telling contest (rules below)
* Readings of Lost Myths by Claude Lalumière
* “Writers at the Improv” improv contest
Plus raffles and door prizes, including (with images below):
* An uncorrected and unpublished proof of Red Planet Blues by Robert J. Sawyer
* A signed and numbered boxed edition of Cuckoos Egg by C.J.Cherryh
* A bundle of anthologies from Bundoran Press: Blood and Water, Strange
Bedfellows and Second Contacts
* A bundle of first books from Bundoran Press: Right to Know (Edward Willett), Transient City (Al Onia), Breakpoint: Nereis (Alison Sinclair), Stars Like Cold Fire (Brent Nichols)
* A poster by Dominic Bercier (Mirror Comics)
* 4 kids books by Susan J. Atkinson from Little Witch Press
* Monstrous Little Voices: New Tales From Shakespeare’s Fantasy World with a story by Kate Heartfield
* A t-shirt from Renaissance Press
* DeadRoads by Robin Riopelle
* A copy of Sky Road Walker plus a poster by S.M. Carrière
* A complete set of Lost Myths by Claude Lalumière and Rupert Bottenberg
* The last 4 issues of Lackington’s Magazine
Before you’re forced to socialize with your co-workers at dreary office parties and then endure the endless bickering of your family, come out to celebrate with the Ottawa speculative fiction community!
Geek joke telling contest
Tell your best geek joke and the audience will pick the winner. We’ll have slips for voting and everyone gets three votes. Place them all on one person or spread them out, it’s up to you!
If you have a joke, but aren’t comfortable in front of a crowd, let one of the ChiSeries folks know and we’ll tell it for you.
The winner gets $10 cold hard cash plus we will publish the winning joke on the ChiSeries website. This means you can use it in your writing resume!
* 90 second maximum, please
* One joke per person (if you want to do more than one joke, you might need to buy raffle tickets, donate, or something else that we’ll figure out later)
* You can be ribald, but please don’t be dirty just for dirty’s sake
* Anything that is intolerant, exclusionary or insulting will not only get you disqualified, but bounced from the venue
Images for some of our door prizes
Artwork by Dominic Bercier
T-Shirt from Renaissance Press